The Surgery is an innovative design, digital and internal communications business with an exciting mix of blue chip clients.
Middleweight Graphic Designer
We are looking for a graphic designer who enjoys working in a small team and is passionate about their work. Self-motivated, reliable and creative, you will have experience of producing work from concept to completion with excellent attention to detail. You will have an impressive track record in delivering print and digital materials to tight deadlines, will thrive under pressure, and be used to a fast-paced environment. In addition, you’ll be able to adapt in the face of changing priorities and fluctuating workloads. The list below gives an overview of the skills and experiences we are looking for:
- Degree educated with a 2.1 or higher.
- The ability to design for brand, print (corporate brochures, annual reports, leaflets, z-cards, posters), infographics, rich pictures, interactive PDFs, rich HTML email, exhibitions, and merchandise. All round ability essential.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), plus PowerPoint, Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Good understanding of typography.
- Good understanding of print.
- Excellent communications skills, very much a people person.
- An excellent and varied portfolio used to working for blue chip companies.
- Ability to design for different age groups and target audiences.
- Website and digital design skills would be a bonus – although we’re not looking for a programmer (we have a well established digital team), additional skills are always welcome.
Holidays: 20 days per annum pro-rata, plus usual bank holidays
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm (subject to work load when you may be required to work later)